Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mama, I'm Swollen

So I recently received an e-mail from Cursive's mailing list e-mail updates. The subject line of the e-mail reading "$1" and the only thing you saw when you opened it was this image.




Cursive is a band I love dearly and was actually the headlining band I went to see at the very first concert I ever attended. I've loved them for a long while, and they've yet to disappoint. On March 10th, they will be releasing their 6th Full Length album (not including "The Difference Between Houses and Homes" which was just a compilation of old 7" singles and various songs) entitled "Mama, I'm Swollen."

Now, I have already required the mp3 of this album. Illegally, you assume. But alas, NO! But for the great price of just $1. Of course, I will be purchasing a physical copy of the album after its release on March 10th. Now, to explain the aforementioned e-mail and image, Cursive and Saddle-Creek have made "Mama, I'm Swollen" available for the great price of not $1 (anymore...), not $2 (anymore...) but at this point, $3! Everyday until it's March 10th release, "Mama, I'm Swollen" will be available to download for the dollar amount corresponding to the day of the month. So today, March 3rd, it will be available to purchase for $3, tomorrow, March 4th for $4 and so and and so forth until March 9th, where it will be $9, then I believe it'll be permanently available at the regular download price of $9.99 from March 10th onward.

I snagged my download for a dollar, cause I couldn't wait to hear new Cursive! If you are a Cursive fan, and/or have a few bucks to spare, DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM!

I haven't listened to it in it's entirety, or at least not attentively, yet, but what I have listened to, I really enjoy.

That being said, I will be playing some tracks off of Cursive's new album, "Mama, I'm Swollen" this Saturday on Aural Life. So if you haven't downloaded it or don't have the money to spare right now, you can get a preview of it before it comes out this upcoming Tuesday, March 10th.

So, those who wish to purchase a download can do so here. It's only three bucks today! C'mon!...and it's CURSIVE!!! YAY!

Well, hope to have you guys tune in to Aural Life this Saturday from 8pm - 10pm PST, and don't forget to tune in to my good friend Gabby on Avant-Noise Radio a few hours before my show from 4pm - 6pm PST.

Thanks everyone.
Peace & Love.
.erick.

No comments:

Post a Comment