Friday, February 26, 2010

Video of the Week: 2/26-3/4

Starting today, I am bringing back Video of the Week. It used to be Live Video of the Week, but I figure I'd just make it more broad and give a little background on each of Video of the Week.

This week's video of the week is the music video for The Happy Hollows "Death to Vivek Kemp" off of their debut full-length, Spells. I have written a few articles on here about The Happy Hollows
and I love these people, their band and their music. This music video was created and directed by Ben Hoste and is an amazing video. First, watch:



Now, the amazing thing about this video is that it was not made using Adobe Flash or Illustrator or anything of that sort, but is literally 2,200 (that's TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED
) sheets of paper that have the video drawn on them, as you can see here.



That's animation the old-fashioned way. Amazing job, Mr. Hoste.

Check back next week for a new Video of the Week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment