Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Featured Release Friday

Hello all.

I am returning something I did maybe once last year. Featured Release Friday!!! Every Friday, I will be doing a Featured Release article about an album that was released the Tuesday preceding that Friday. Sometimes I may even do two albums, but of course, it depends on the releases and what I can get my hands on that Tuesday.

Now, just to clarify, I am not going to be scoring these albums with any kind of rubric, bracket, scoring scheme or otherwise and these are not necessarily going to be album reviews. Now, I will give my own personal opinion of the album, but that does not in anyway represent a general review of the album, nor does it in anyway represent a review of the album by Aural Life. It will be my [Erick] personal opinion of the album and nothing more.

I believe that musical tastes and opinions on the quality of music is subjective. There are bands/artists that people like and others don't, so I'm not big on actual "Album Reviews." Also, I've listened to albums that got bad reviews and I loved them, so there we go.

Anyway, that being said, I am going to start this up again this Friday with Vampire Weekend's sophomore release Contra, which was released yesterday.

If you'd like to know more, check back on Friday and check out the return of Featured Release Fridays !

Also, I may occasionally to a Retro Feature or Retro Featured Release for an album that was released on a day that week or just something that I personally feel deserves some recognition.
Now, I use the term "retro" loosely. It could refer to something released a year ago, three years ago, or thirty years ago. So be on the lookout for updates and thanks to all who check out Aural Life.

Also, don't forget to tune in to Aural Life [Radio] on http://radio23.org every Saturday evening from 4pm-6pm PST.

Thanks everyone.
Peace&Love
Erick

No comments:

Post a Comment